This material isn't something I would normally choose, but I adored the little mice in their pink boots and the neutral colours really appealed to me too. Plus, my baby girl is growing up so fast and there's only a tiny window of opportunity to dress her in such designs. There's plenty of time left for florals. But still, as I was sewing this up I was still unsure if I was ever going to dress her in it...until I put it on and realised how utterly cute she looked!
The pattern came from the Japanese magazine Cucito (Summer 2011 edition). It was one of their baby patterns, so it only came in size 70 or 80. 80 has until now been a good fit, but I had to lengthen the legs (so the pants didn't creep up over her knees) and I should of lengthed the body too while I was at it because it sits at a strange in-between position - not under the arms, and not at the waist. The inside leg seams were meant to be done up with press studs, but I didn't worry about that, and for a quick and easy finish I tied it around her neck. The elastic around the chest holds it up so shouldn't pull around her neck, hopefully. So a few things to work on when I make another one - which I will because the basis of the design is great...and next time florals, ha!