My sister got engaged - absolutely wonderful! The engagement party was interstate, so we flew over last weekend for the celebrations. And of course, what was needed?? You're right....a new party dress!
The dress was a mish-mash of all different patterns I have used lately. The lined bodice is done up with an invisible zipper at the back as I did for her Birthday Girl Dress. The neckline shape is my favourite thing about the dress. I used Butterick 3350 pattern for this. And the sleeves were from her Plaid Winter Dress. Somehow I got it all to work together! The lined skirt is just a rectangle, three times her waist circumference. And not to forget, the little pink bow I made for her hair.
I don't know why I keep using patterned fabric...plaid...hippo's...dots! It takes so much time to line everything up and make sure everything is symmetrical. I wish I'd learn to make things easy on myself! The material I used was a shiny silver taffeta and the dots have a velvety touch to them.
I hemmed the sleeves with binding and hand sewed them on the inside for a neater finish.
I lined the skirt as well, just so I didn't have a hem line. I thought it would look better without a stitch running through the dots.
It was a wonderful night!